Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I am having a first.  I host 3 of my 4 grandchildren next week for what I am calling “Camp GiGi”. Hubs is wondering where he is in this so called camp and I replied “If you are going to stay home from work and help out, then we will add your name but…um, not unless you make plans to do so.”  This is my time and I am really looking forward to it, and I am owning it. 

I may be exhausted at the end of the week.  I picture myself dusted with concrete and glue, feathers and stone.  I have craft projects and food in mind for the wee folk.  I am so excited. 

I started stock piling snacks this week.  Goldfish crackers, peanut butter, fruit snacks and other kid goodies.   Not all the kids like string cheese, but I do and it’s good for a quick fix.  I may need that…for myself. 
I hope the yard isn’t a muddy mess but if it is, it is.  I looked for some of my transplanted rhododendron over the weekend and can only find two out of seven.  While this kind of bums me out it gave me an idea for an activity.  The deer have eaten my transplanted Japanese maple as well and all that remains is a twig ~ not sure how I can work that in yet.    The grandkids should enjoy trying to locate my missing rhododendron as it will mean time in the woods and a scavenger hunt.  Depending on the weather, it may take them down to the lakeshore.  Hey, that gives me an idea!

Summer Camp GiGi!

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment