Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I don't like drinking from plastic.

I recently became obsessed, seriously obsessed, with the Tervis Tumbler.  
It actually started as a small pearl of an interest in a cabin on Kentucky Lake, owned by my brother, who has many stored under the counter/bar. I actually sort of considered them kind of a southern thing.  Only recently has that pearl ripened and polished and now, I can’t stop.  Tervis Tumblers, with the variety of designs and themes,  have become my new addiction.
  
My obsession took root when the new boat arrived and a drink was sloshed on the first trip out.  No big deal, I mean, it happens,  but my first thought was along the lines of oh yeah, speed boats sometimes hit waves, which spill drinks, which is why it’s good to have a lid.  I pictured grandkids and Koolaid, with results much different than vodka tonic.  I began a search for those glasses I had seen in Kentucky...

I was charged with a mission and off I went, fully prepared to purchase Tervis Tumblers in a host of colors and designs.  The true obsession developed when I located two at the nearby Meijer on clearance…marked down from $14.99 to $3.74.  I walked the aisles, up and down, eyes narrowed and scanning side to side, to find another ~ any other ~ at a clearance price.  I located a second clearance section and scored two more.  I passed on the Navy Mom design, because I am not and it seemed disrespectful somehow, but said yes to Air Force, Army, Piano and Hello Kitty.
   
I contacted my daughters and asked them to check their Meijer’s stores for a deal and cautioned I wanted different designs and to be sure to coordinate with me. Text messages flew through the air as I encouraged and coached.  The youngest came home with her catch: Olaf and Golf Balls at the same $3.74 each.  Oldest daughter was not as successful and came home empty handed but gave a good effort.   Determined to own at least 10, including 4 in kids designs, I began a half-day search online.  Finding a sale, a coupon and an online promotional code, I celebrated completing my goal.  Ten Tervis Tumblers!

The waters and vessels of my lake can be considered safe, folks, at least from spillage of any of my liquid refreshments.  My drinks will be contained in a stylish and somewhat eclectic selection of plastic, insulated tumblers with lids.    
                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment