Monday, May 4, 2015

Is two a fleet?

The sweet song of Baltimore Orioles fills the space in the woods today.  They are having a great time frolicking and flitting, and scolding each other.  They sure are fun to watch, and to hear.  Planting slowed down a bit for me as I await the arrival of annuals to be out in full force in the markets and shops.  After avoiding them for years, l planted marigolds last year in several pots and a bed down by the lake, where it is sunny.  They were awesome and I feel silly for ignoring them for so long.   So this year, I have bigger pots, the need for even more marigolds and have a “design” in mind for what else to include.  I am anxious to get started and a trip to a greenhouse may be in order for the day.  It’s raining today so a greenhouse could be just the right thing.
 
Boats were launched over the weekend and we now have two in the water.  I have to admit, I like the speed boat quite a bit.  My thought was always that it was a boat for hubs and to satisfy some itch he had ~ but I like it.  He works very hard and when he proposed the new boat, even if I felt it was not needed since we have the pontoon boat, I was not going to point out reasons why he shouldn’t do it.  He should.  He deserves it, and from what I can tell so far…he loves it. 

Do I think this will benefit me in the long run? Oh, maybe.  He’s already beefed up the discussion on the shed and started drawing plans and figuring cost.  The shed is going to happen, people.  The design will be a bit of a struggle as I want character and he is thinking utility.  I shared an idea regarding the shed with him last night, one I had seen on Pinterest (which he considers to be the most dangerous thing that has ever occurred in our marriage), and his first response was not totally receptive.  But, as he looked through the many manuals that came with the boat, he began to soften a bit on what I suggested, and even asked a couple of questions when I shoved my iPad under his nose.   See? I didn’t have to say a word. 
I am branching out a bit more and added Lake Living, a Facebook page, as a companion to this blog.  It’s more of a short, daily thing, with the blog a weekly post, usually on Monday or Tuesday.  I hope you have taken the opportunity to be a follower of this blog, and that you will “like” Lake Living, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment