Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Happy 4th everyone!

I am so busy getting ready for the 4th of July celebration at our little lake house that I ALMOST forgot to write a blog post this week.  I have a list a mile long that keeps getting edited down; too much rain over the last month has prevented “must do” things from getting crossed off as complete…now they are getting crossed of as “eh, I’m over it”.

I had such big plans for my existing flower beds and that’s not happening.  I had huge plans for new landscaping and that is not happening either.  You all know I have spent a lot of time on tree planting and well, I hope they survive, but, they certainly did not get their every other day watering from me.  I only hope they got enough rain (Ha!) to meet the requirements my tree guy advised.  We’ll see next spring I suppose. 
Now, I am hoping to have room for the 70 guests we anticipate, which doesn’t particular unnerve me.  What unnerves me is where will I keep brats and dogs for that many people before they actually get cooked? I guess I’ll figure it out before tomorrow as that’s when I go to get them!

Hubs has started a vacation, which is rare for him.  It’s not like he doesn’t take most of his earned days off but he rarely takes them around a holiday because other people might have plans and he will typically defer to others.  Which is one of those really lovely traits about him.  However, sometimes, I wish we were the ones with the long holiday plans.  This year, it’s happening! He even has a couple days off at the beginning of NEXT week.  Good for him!
The boats are all “fixed” and running like they should.  The tube for towing the little people is to arrive sometime in the next few hours.  Children and grandchildren start arriving on the 2nd.   I cannot wait to see their little faces.  I spent most of yesterday shopping with a lovely niece and while I probably shouldn’t have spent that much time, or that much money, I cherish every moment with her.   We have a wonderful weekend full of people, fun, family, food planned and I hope you do, too! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment