Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Making memories!

I hate to even mention this but in walking around the yard and woods this morning, there is a definite change in mood, in feel.  We have turned a corner into approaching, gulp, autumn.  Shadows are a little different, sun feels a little different.  You know what I mean…it’s that thing that happens.

However, there are loads of great days ahead.  I am not wishing away this summer thinking about the approaching fall…no, I am going to live these next few weeks up I tell you.  It started this past week, on Thursday, when some super loved family & friends shared one of their stay-cation days with us.  We had the best time with them, and it went on well into the night.  Love those guys so very much.   It was also the first day of a little getaway for our granddaughter and she had THE biggest time of all, sharing with her cousins and friends.  Oh my goodness, she was in heaven.  The only one of her immediate family to be here, she felt big.  She wasn’t, she was the youngest of the kids, but she felt big.  A perfect weekend before school starts next week for her. 
We sent her home after 4 days with super blonde hair from the days on the lake and swimming, swimming and more swimming.  She stayed up late, woke up early and was non-stop.  I wish I would have counted the number of times she jumped in the lake, swam to the ladder and jumped in again.  It had to be in the hundreds.  She did fall asleep on our night cruise when she had hoped to go for a night swim.  Maybe next time as that is a terrific experience.   
I love my lake home so much and the joy it brings to others.   Hubs and I have agreed we need to be more deliberate about what we have here.  Not too many enjoy a lake home, share a lake home.  We are dedicated to recognizing this special situation as not just another house.    It has always been home to us, and treated as such.  Maybe taken for granted in some ways…but no more.  It is not an “empty nest” but a lake home, and memories are made here!

No comments:

Post a Comment