Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sharing the love.

Today is a rainy day in my little corner of the world.  I have spent a few minutes this morning looking out on what could be considered a dreary day, thinking about the rest of the summer’s plans and reflecting on what will be remembered as one of my best weekends of all time. 

July 4, 2015 is history but brought with it moments of such joy, such fun that it will be fresh in my mind for quite a while.  We filled this yard and home with people we love so very much ~ our family and friends.  While it wasn’t quite everyone we love, it was a big portion.  I mean, you know, we have to share a little. 
So while it’s a bit of a dreary day, I look out on the yard and remember two little boys giggling and running, three old friends laughing and catching up, teenagers being awkward and goofy, little girls swinging, men watching the brats being grilled and talking home remodeling.  I see my brother and his wife, whom I spend too little time with, taking it all in from their spot under the tent.  I must remember to invite them over again this summer, for a cruise on the lake and something a little more intimate!

We partied this 4th of July.  We had food fit for royalty, we had desserts and sweets and a huge bowl of popcorn…a family tradition carried on by my sister-in-law, with salt and fresh butter, legendary really.  Nothing brings people together like a huge shared bowl of popcorn. 
We will come together again, I’m sure, but this was a special 4th it seems to me.  After raining most of June, we were given 4 days of glorious sun and gentle breezes.  While it’s back to drizzle and rain today, those 4 glorious days are cemented in history. 

As I look out on the yard, coming awake to a fresh drink from the skies, I acknowledge how very, very lucky I am, how very blessed, to live in such a place.  But my true blessings are the family and friends I have been given to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment