Thursday, November 3, 2016

Holy Cow, that was fun!

Yep, ding dong the goat is dead.  Congratulations to our Cubs, your Cubs, every man’s Cubs.  It was great, wasn’t it?

Things return to normal after staying up late nights, enjoying gathering around the television with family and friends.  It’s been a huge amount of fun.  Our big, unfinished living room was the scene for more than one game and potluck the last few weeks and brought visions of what the future holds for our new living space.  Can’t wait for it to be finished!
  
My buddy is taking advantage of the last few warm, dry days to trim out the house and get ready for the gray/green siding that will be delivered in a few days.  My husband’s biggest fear is to be putting siding up in a snow storm but I hope he is wrong, wrong, wrong.  He told me yesterday he is giving up on one of two annual auctions he attends so he can install siding.  This was a big hurt for him, I know, but the siding comes first.  And these leaves, oh my, these leaves.  We may be seeing frozen leaves in the spring from the way it looks right now.

We haven’t painted the living room, yet - I believe that is coming this weekend.  My hope that my buddy would be doing the painting has been replaced by understanding my buddy needs to get the outside ready.  I first thought a rainy day or two might allow for the grey paint to be applied by an expert and done quickly, but, I think it’s going to be me and hubs and some pain reliever over a whole weekend.  It’s okay, really, I just know it will take a lot longer than if the pro was doing it.

Unbelievable to be sifting through Christmas catalogs and ordering things online for the holidays, but, that has taken a bit of my time.  I bought a few great things already and have a growing list of ideas.  My buddy has met the UPS driver outside several times this week and just chuckles as he places packages inside my front door.  I am not usually an early shopper, but, taking advantage of some early sales has driven me to the keyboard.  I don’t want the holidays to sneak up on me as the house starts to come together.   Resolved to not having a kitchen by Christmas I remain hopeful for flooring and the fireplace. 


Feeling happy this week and I hope the same goes for each of you! Next week, I believe the porch windows will arrive and that area, which has been serving as a workshop/staging area, can be “decluttered”.   We may even get to use it a few times before it gets too cold to do so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment