Tuesday, November 22, 2016

No silver bells...yet.

I am struggling a bit today.  A little burn-out on the remodeling, with things going so slow…and only because that is the way things go, not because it’s the fault of one thing or another.  It’s just slow, and it’s taking so much longer than I hoped.

No fireplace mantel for Thanksgiving, looking slightly better for Christmas ~ only by that time I won’t want to get any Christmas stuff out.  A lot of my holiday decorations are in my office/guest room closet so I can see the bins stacked up there and it hurts just a little. Sigh.  
I also have pillows stacked on the bed waiting for the living room and porch to be complete and I am talking no small amount of pillows.  But, there’s time I suppose…all things get resolved with time.
 
Two steps back this week as husband and I have decided we REALLY don’t like the grey we used on the living room walls and will be repainting this weekend, after coming home from stuffing ourselves with turkey.  I have heard from the sweet niece who helped a bunch that she is happy to come back and do it again.  Unlike me, she doesn’t mind tall ladders.   I have stopped at the paint store and picked up new grey samples and have taped them to the wall.  The new grey will be a bit more brown than the underlying blue that is in the current choice.  At certain times of the day, that room is blue, not grey and while a lovely color, we don’t do blue.

So, we did decide on an area rug that is not wool and is the polypropylene I was trying to steer clear of, but, it was a great price, the right colors and the big bold print I was thinking of.  It may not last long but it is soft.  I was a bit surprised hubs said to pull the trigger but I think he knows I need a fix.  A decorating and a fun expense fix, so it lays rolled up and encased in plastic along one wall.   I am also waiting on delivery of the overhead lantern for the front porch.  That excites me as we haven’t had an overhead lantern in the past.  We can’t agree on an overhead light for the screened porch as of now, but we’re closer.  Mostly it is how many we need…hubs thinks two, I am saying no more than one.  How big does he think this porch is? How bright does it need to be lit? The porch ceiling, however, is days, weeks or months down the road so I am not fretting that one.
 
My buddy is on another project for a few days, but, stopped by today to do a few little odds and ends as he waits for mud to dry on project 2.  Some little trim, setting a line for more siding and considering some electrical boxes.  It actually even snowed this past weekend when we  hoped to be completing siding on one side of  the  house.  Hubs also decided to really concentrate on leaves so we wouldn’t be faced with that in the spring.  I all but abandoned landscaping efforts late this summer as we moved to really getting in to destroying our surroundings and it shows.  It looks horrible on all four sides of the house. We moved big Harry to a new spot and he seems to have taken well to it, however, Harry Jr., which I planted in case Harry didn’t make it, suffered a big blow by someone trying to position a ladder just right and taking off a big limb.  We’ll see if he pulls through.
   

I personally am looking forward to a bit of snow covering as it does look rough around here. We’ve talked clean-up effort for the near future if the weather cooperates for just a few more weeks.  I don’t mind cold so much if things don’t get frozen to the ground! I would love to tell you it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas ~ but it ain’t, and that’s okay as we’re not ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment