Wednesday, November 16, 2016

How do you get that job, anyway?

The new siding and shakes have been delivered and are stacked in the yard.  They are cocooned in plastic and I am giving up fighting the urge to go look.  I’ve looked.  Both colors are correct and while more green than grey, which is surprising even to me, they look to be fine colors.  One is called Bronzetone and I am not sure that is the best name to describe it.  I think I should have that paint naming job, quite frankly.  I’ll never forget seeing Bridal Bouquet Blue on a paint strip years ago and thinking “That’s the job I want!”

Next, the hanging lantern for the front porch has been ordered and should arrive any day.  We are using recessed cans in the soffit and in the kitchen porch roof, which is just a little deal over the door so not a lot of room for a mounted light anywhere.  It took a minute to sell me on just cans out there but the idea is growing on me.  They are not installed yet, stay tuned on that one.

I think hubs may be keeping a secret date on when the kitchen will go in and I’m pretty sure he is now well after Christmas and just doesn’t know how to break this news to me.  Like I mentioned last week, I don’t care as long as we make some movement towards the fireplace, which hasn’t happened this week….and Thanksgiving is next week so, there’s little chance that I will have it by then, either.  No kitchen, no fireplace.  He has told me he is 100% in to siding for the next few days at least.
 
But, I took a break and went to a college football pre-game tailgate, game, half-time tailgate and post-game tailgate.  Yep, that’s a lot.  A lot of eating, a lot of snacks and a lot of spiked cider.  I laid low the next day or two as had just way too much food and sugary drink for this old bird. I enjoyed it a bunch, however, make no mistake.  Supermoon started on Sunday and hubs and I sat down by the lake with a small bonfire and enjoyed the rise.  After having a foggy and cloudy Monday evening moon rise, the big ol’ man in the moon surprised us coming up huge and orange and in our face last night.  Gosh, it gives some restoration to the soul to see that big old moon, dependable and strong in the pitch black sky, and we needed that.

I also had a funtastic (yes, I said that) wine and cheese tasting get-together at our cousins with nieces and a nephew, which was intended to last two hours and lasted many longer.  We had a great time, learned much about some white and red wines, drank too many tastes so have forgotten what we learned.  We plan to do this again and maybe I will come away more informed and educated than I can remember being right now! Fortunately I had my iPhone with me and took pictures of wine labels I particularly enjoyed.  I know what to buy for Thanksgiving and that was one of my goals!  Eating great cheese was a second goal, so check that, too!


It is coming up to Thanksgiving and we really do have much to be grateful for.  I remember Oprah saying on more than one occasion that if you are a female living in the United States you are one of the luckiest people on the planet.  I’m holding on to that as I have to admit I feel that, I cherish that.  I am grateful for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment