Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Vacation!

You may have noticed my absence the last few days.  My family and I were on vacation.  I considered, for only a moment, taking the ol’ laptop and posting something from our vacation home in Destin, Florida but changed my mind…which was good because I learned we didn’t have wireless access anyway! 
 
We were short a family member or two, which made the trip less than 100% perfect but it was so darn close otherwise.  Destin is a good spot although it has become so over-developed I am not sure we will stay there again.  Or maybe we will but make another choice as to our location.  At any rate, the weather was perfect, the house was great, the grandchildren were incredibly well-behaved and I was, and am, one happy lady.
 
Now that I have returned from vacation, it’s time to talk about the Tupperware Fix n’ Mix bowl.  Do you know this bowl? Giant…many of us have it in yellow? I can not find my yellow bowl ANYWHERE although I am sure it is in this house.  Only sure because why would I get rid of the most perfect bowl in the world? Besides, the lid is here so it must be here.  But, after about five years of asking all the kids and hubs if they've seen it and missing it on more than one occasion for a big ol’ mess of taco salad, I bought a new one.  I ordered it online and it was waiting for me when I returned this week.  Here’s the thing about this big bowl – it’s not always available.  In fact, last summer I came so close to buying it when it was released for a limited time in an awesome purple color.  I did not, however, as I knew darn good and well that yellow bowl is here somewhere.  Anyway, I checked again off and on over the last several months and the bowl finally returned in turquoise.
 
I am beyond when it comes to this new bowl.  It’s too big for my cabinets but I don’t care as I like it that much.  I’ll find a place for it and when I do, I have a feeling I will also find the yellow one. 

1 comment:

  1. I think I know the bowl you are talking about. I have one in clear (white).... I got it when my sister had a garage sale when her mother-in-law passed away... But I love it....difficult to store....but I love it! Glad you were able to smile when your new one arrived....but I'm sure that smile will not match the one on your face when you find your yellow one.... :)

    ReplyDelete