Tuesday, June 10, 2014

We know that I am attempting to eat better and to exercise a bit; I’m working on some insomnia issues and have increased my interest in my yardwork, both for relaxation and to get some things accomplished that I have put off.  

The final step I took in “correcting” my lifestyle was to leave my full time job.  This was a tough decision as I really enjoyed my job.  I like the people, I like the work…I like what the art center is doing in the community.  However, it added a certain amount of stress in my life that I didn’t feel I needed.  So, after considering it for several months, I decided no time like the present, and left.  Now, you may remember that I do some remote work from home and have since 2007.  I still do that work so it’s not as if I have checked out, everyone.  I am a productive individual and have increased my remote work hours since leaving my outside job. 

Anyway, leaving the job was largely to afford me more time to do the things I wanted to do…spend time with my grandchildren, spend time with some gardening, spend time at home and trying to keep this little house managed.  It has been about a month and I’m still not as organized as I would like to be but it’s getting there.  There are still many, many weeds to pull and object d’ art to dust.  I haven’t caught up totally on laundry and routine housework but I have sent three bags of clothing and miscellaneous to charity, so the closet is looking better.  I have two or three lists of things to accomplish this year, inside and out, so I am not anticipating much “down time”.

I have posted in the past about my father having been a bridge builder.  One of my projects for the spring was a footbridge on my walking path.  I found a plan, whined a bit to hubs to bring home the materials and with the help of my two sons-in-law and daughters and my fabulous granddaughter, I have a small bridge on the walking path.  It's just a wooded curve as it doesn’t span water or anything, but it’s exactly what I wanted.  Now, the walking path goes nowhere right now but with a bit of landscaping and some other plans, it will be a destination.  I also need to figure out a railing for the bridge and have a few ideas rolling about in my head ~ none of which hubs wants to discuss.

I needed a bridge.  I love this bridge.  I like how it elevates you to a new perspective and gives you a different outlook, a different view.  It’s slight, but it’s mighty.  Here’s the beginning of my bridge ~ railing, and destination,  to come soon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment